The Adventist University of Africa (AUA), a Chartered University of Seventh-day Adventists (SDA) Church based in Nairobi, Kenya, was established by the General Conference of SDA to provide post-graduate education to prepare Leaders for the Church and Society on the Continent of Africa and beyond. The University through the School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS), currently, offers the following programs: Leadership, Business Administration, Public Health, and Applied Computer Science. The University seeks to deliver balanced and dynamic post-graduate education in a Christian context to prepare graduates to provide competent leadership and service based on integrity, respect, and love for church and society.
The institution is looking for a lecturer who will teach in the leadership programs (Master’s and PhD) in the Department of Social Sciences of the School of Postgraduate Studies.
The successful candidate is expected to teach and supervise theses and doctoral dissertations.
Relevant Qualifications and Skills Required:
The candidate must hold a PhD in Leadership or any other related qualifications as an Associate Professor or Full Professor rank. He/she must have a proven track record in research and publications, willing and able to work with students and faculty from a variety of cultures, and ethnic backgrounds within an international setting. Active participation in international research networks will be an advantage.
Required Work Experience:
The applicant should have five years of teaching experience at the postgraduate (Masters & PhD) level in relevant areas and have published over ten articles in a refereed journal. Publications of university-level textbooks and book chapters will be added advantage.
He/she must have supervised more than four postgraduate students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a postgraduate level lecturer, the candidate will be expected to:
• Teach courses in the area of Leadership as per the teaching load policy;
• Supervise students’ research activities at Masters’ and PhD levels;
• Undertake publishable individual and collaborative research projects in peer-reviewed journals and actively contribute to the institution’s research profile,
• Develop research proposals for external funding,
• Carry out administrative tasks related to teaching and departmental activities,
• Contribute to professional conferences and seminars in his/her field of expertise,
• Participate in student mentoring activities through the integration of faith and learning,
• Participate and contribute to the spiritual life of the campus as per the spiritual master plan.
Method of Application:
Applications should be submitted to the Director of Human Resources. Certified copies of academic qualifications should accompany a detailed CV. In addition, two letters of recommendation from referees should be provided.
All applications should be sent via e-mail: email@example.com
Application deadline: August 31, 2022, at 6:00 PM East African Time (EAT).
1) Any applicant must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good standing.
2) Only qualified applicants will be notified and invited for a virtual interview.